BEMM RIVER ANGLING CLUB ANGLING REPORT
The Lake remains closed, and the level of the water has gone down over the Xmas period. The recent rain did cause the Bream to go off the bite, and they became harder to catch. Best results were on Sandworm.
FISHCARE had a good turn up, with 25 children attending tuition, followed by a wonderful barbecue and lolly scramble. The weather was very kind to us, with a breeze blowing on the morning.
Our Club Competition was held on the 29th and 30th of December, and proved to be a challenge, with members struggling to weigh in a fish. Our boat had to cover a lot of water to finally land our one fish each day. Flathead were scarce, and very few were weighed in, with 8 entries in the Other Specie Section.
- Winner of The Secret Weight Ladies Bream was Lyn Button 513 gms
- The Secret Weigh Men’s Bream was John Roberts .848 gms
- Children’s Secret weight Bream Girls Laila Mountajed .450 gms
- Children’s Secret weight Bream Boys Chaise Easton. .707 gms
- Any Other Species winner Blake Easton LUDERICK
- Longest Flathead measured and returned to the water was won by Phil Cole with a Flathead 59 cms.
The winner of the Fishing rod raffle was won by Lloyd Window a new club member.
A barbecue followed at The Community Centre with 45 members present, and we all had a great weekend.
The Bream are improving since the weekend, with some Flathead down The Channel coming on the bite. Lure anglers are experiencing much improved results.